In my last post I wrote about Things you can do today to start your work at home business tomorrow. I realized another important step to take now is to keep working on making income while starting your business. This idea came to me as I read a post for The Work At Home Wife blog. Making the decision to work at home by having your own business is a big step but it takes time to grow a business and that includes income. Hopefully, it will not take too long before that happens. In the meantime this blog post by Angie Nelson mentions some great options to keep the income coming without taking away time from getting your business going.
The List of Potential Job Options:
- Become an online tutor-Not only is tutoring a great local gig, there are so many places that contract online tutors. Skype and online conference software make it easy to teach remotely. Sites such as http://Tutor.com and e-Tutor are looking for those with a current teaching certificate while ESL tutoring sites like InstaEDU only require a college degree. And, you can always market to parents and students directly if you would prefer to cut out the middleman.
- Getting part-time remote work with a startup-You can find both full-time and part-time opportunities here seeking everything from bloggers to CFOs. You will be able to see the pay being offered, a thorough company description, and how many people have applied for the listed job.
- Become a Social Media Manager-This offers a lot of flexibility. You may be able to schedule social media updates in advance and check for comments or replies periodically throughout the day. You need to have a working knowledge of popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, Instagram, and Pinterest. You should also have good customer service and organization skills. FlexJobs is a great place to find legitimate remote job listings in this industry.
- Evaluate Search Engines-This is a popular remote position. Though some find the work it isn’t steady and enough to provide a full-income, that could make it perfect for you to make more money while growing your home business. Lionbridge, Leapforce, and iSoftStone are three big names in this industry.
- Become a Direct Sales Consultant-Direct sales is a perfect fit for many budding entrepreneurs because the business really starts booming on nights and weekends when ladies are off work and ready to host home parties. That leaves you all day to work on your business while earning a nice side income holding a couple of parties per week.
- Work on Demand-Maybe your free time is sporadic. In that case, check out sites like TaskRabbit or NearJobs where you can pick up jobs like doing the laundry or picking up the groceries. These are often one-off jobs that require no ongoing commitment.
- Monetize Your Free time and Activity-There are a lot of legit places to pick up a few bucks here and there. Swagbucks, for example, will pay you for watching videos and completing surveys (they will also give you a $5 bonus when you sign up and earn 2500 SB in your first three months). Ebates will give you cashback for shopping online, coincidentally they offer a $10 gift card for creating a free account. And, everyone needs to grocery shop. Biota and SavingStar are examples that will pay you for shopping. It’s not much, but every little bit helps when growing a business.
If any of these sound great then I would do some research and choose one that makes the most sense to start now. Make sure you figure out the time and income you need to make so your are not comprising your time to work on your business. It will be a balancing act but the priority is still to push your business forward so it will be profitable, and create the schedule and life you want. When I decided to start my first business(my pet sitting business) I had to start it as a side business until I was able to make enough to quit my 9-5 job. It was not a bad job as I worked in a veterinary hospital, but having more time to spend getting clients and taking jobs felt wonderful, and helped the transition happen sooner. Finally, another wonderful thing about The Work at Home Wife blog are the job leads she posts. This may help meet your income needs and save more time too.
If you found this post helpful leave me a comment. I am now offering free 20 minute discovery calls https://movinmoms.acquityscheduling.com/ to see if I can work with moms needing help getting their work at home business going.